Home > Project Log > Pull-A-Part trip and tail gate repair

Pull-A-Part trip and tail gate repair

January 26th, 2014 Leave a comment Go to comments

Well, I didn’t find what I was after at Pull-A-Part. But I did have a great find anyway! I was braving the 20 degree weather in search of a bracket for the lower grill support (mine got lost somewhere). Unfortunately, the only two c10s were an 82 and 86, both of which have the updated front clip sans bracket. But the GOOD news is that I scored a tailgate that was in pretty good nick. My current one is actually in pretty good shape except for a really large (an inexplicable) hole on the top driver side. The bondo on said hole was applied with a front loader by the looks of it, so a patch panel was pretty much a must. I also snagged a set of door condits off an old Sunfire that I plan to use to conceal the speaker wires in the doors.

When we got it home, we did a little surgery and got the new patch panel in place. ┬áIt came out pretty well! I’ll still need a skim coat, but I don’t think it’ll be any more than a mm thick, so that makes me pretty happy.

image image image image image image image image

Categories: Project Log Tags:
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.