Home > Project Log > Frontend Work in Progress

Frontend Work in Progress

Took the truck into SHA this morning to do the frontend work.  Parts were only $160.  Way better than the $400 I was quoted at Firestone.  I’m guessing the labor will be a lot cheaper too.  I asked the guy about other people who might do body work, and he gave me the same sad story that a lot of the other people have.  “No one that they know of”.  Hopefully, the other leads will pay off.

I think I am going to attempt to strip it myself.  At least some of it.  My bud Royce and I are going to tackle the welding (Yea!) and I might get help from Dan on the paint, if I decide to go that route (Woot!  PA trip!).

Whatever happens, it’ll be an adventure.  I can’t wait till it gets out of the shop!

EDIT 2014 Update:
I ended up also having all of the bushings in the front end replaced with poly bushings as well. If you have a sloppy front end, you really have to do EVERYthing up there. Poly bushings make a huge difference.

Categories: Project Log Tags:
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.